Six Schemes of Satan
As we give our lives to God, we are now in the war! Yes, WE ARE IN A WAR! War in what? Or whom? We are in a war with an enemy that is invisible, but deadly. And it’s no other that Satan. He will not gonna sit back right there watching you fulfilling the promises of God in your life. He will not going to say to you, “Ang galing naman! Pinagpapala ka ni God. Kung gusto mo, let me pray for you?” No! He will do everything to destroy you.
According to Ptr. Gilbert Foliente, here are six schemes of Satan that he’s using in all of us all the time:
- Temptation – His favorite of all. What he do is he will going to insert some thoughts in your mind and he will say to you that it’s all okay to do that. For example, “Okay lang na buksan mo yang porn site na yan! Wala namang makakakita, wala naman makaka-alam,” “Okay lang na mag-mura ka! Freedom of expression diba?”
- Accusation – It means he will accuse you of your sin or past mistakes. A good illustration here is the title of this movie: “I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!“
- Condemnation – This time, he will insert once again some thoughts in your mind, and through that, he will make you miserable. For example, “Yan, kasi eh! Nagka-gusto ka pa sa kanya.”
- Isolation – This will lead you to backsliding, because he will say to you, “Wala na silang pake sa’yo! Kaya wag ka nang mag-church! Wag ka nang mag-Victory Group!”
- Deception – The problem with this is: YOU DON’T KNOW THAT YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED! What he will do is he will going to disguise as a “Mr. Nice Guy”. At the end, he will going to do his devious plans.
- Distraction – This time, he will going to use the things in this world: gadgets, achievements, your dream boy/girl, for us to flee from God and to lure us to his trap.
The problem with these is we are still unconscious to all his schemes even though Satan is using it all the time. What we need is this:
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
– Ephesians 6:11
And that armor is not just a simple armor, because it is JESUS CHRIST who is our great source of strength. So, we need to be with Him all the times to stand against all the schemes of the enemy.