Are You "IN" or "OUT"?
As moments pass, we see some new trends appearing in our society. Maybe its a new phone, clothes, fashion statement, etc. But sometimes, those new trends now became the “standard” for other youths of this generation.
Maybe I can list some of the “requirements” for you to be “in”:
- You have a smartphone (iPhone, Blackberry, etc.)
- A laptop (Or should I say one of the top-of-the-line brands)
- Listening to the latest Pop (Not Rock, nor Hiphop) music
- You have the latest “kicks” and “threads” (Shoes and clothes)
- You must be clubbin’ out there (TUGS TUGS TUGS)
- For some rich kids, you have the “ride” out there
If you have all of those, you are “in”! In other words, tao ka! What if you don’t have some of it, or nothing at all? I’d like to set myself as an example:
- Smartphone = X
- Laptop = X
- Listening to Pop = X (I love Rock music)
- Latest fashion = X
- Clubbin’ = X
- “Ride” = X
See, I don’t have all of the “requirements” for me to be “in”. In short, I am an “outcast”, “untouchable”, a “loser” to be exact.
What would be the result if you don’t have that? Some people will bully you and they will reject you.
But here’s the Good News, you are not required to have those stuffs in your life. Yes, you have all those things, but, are those things will fill you up? No. The only thing that will fill you up is this: If you have Jesus Christ in you, you are already “in”. You do not need to have those things to be “in”.
And what we will get if we have Jesus? Forgiveness of sins and the salvation that we don’t deserve. Because, Jesus paid all our sins by dying on the Cross for us that we will have eternal life with God.
So, are you “in” or “out”?
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
– Matthew 16:26